08 Jan HOW TO GET THE BEST TAN EVER
Its all in the preparation, my friend!
We recommend following these simple steps to get the most out of your tanning experience…
So you might only decide you need a tan the day before but .. if you can think ahead just enough we recommend beginning your skins prep the morning before you plan on having a tan!
You gotta get the dead dry skin cells off your body, because if they’re still hanging about they will take the tan deeper than every where else and when they shed sooner than the rest of your body, you’ll be left with a blotchy tan – noooooo!
1. In your morning shower, get your exfoliating mitt (we looove our ECO TAN MITT) pop some delicious natural body wash on it and give yourself a good scrub all over paying special attention to your KNEES, ANKLES, ELBOWS, ARMPITS, WHERE YOUR BRA RUBS, AND BACK(IF YOU CAN REACH!)
2. Once you’re dry, apply some beautiful rich natural body moisturiser to get the skin nice and hydrated. What you want is to start nourishing those fresh new skin cells that you have just exposed so that they are supple and ready to absorb tan nice and evenly.
3. THEN LATER THAT EVENING …REPEAT STEPS 1 & 2 TO KEEP REMOVING THOSE DEAD CELLS AND MOISTURISING THE NEW ONES. Don’t forget to shave any areas that you want smooth.
4. TAN DAY!! Its the morning of your tan, so you just want to give your gorgeous skin a light exfoliate, still paying attention to the same areas. If the salon is your next destination to get your spray tan then FOLLOW STEP 5. However if you will have ANOTHER SHOWER BEFORE you go for your tan then a light moisturiser is perfect.
5. One last round of light exfoliating in the shower to get you ready –
GOLDEN RULES – NO moisturiser NO deodorant. Only moisturise areas that are SUPER DRY and have been prone to holding tan in the past. Make sure your clothes are light weight materials and loose fitting. The less rubbing on your skin the better.
6.Trust your tanning professional. Let your tan develop the recommended time. Over processing can result in your tan heading towards orange, yet too soon and your colour won’t develop enough.
7. If you’re committed and want your tan to go the distance, get yourself some tan extender (we love ECO TAN winter skin) to now keep moisturising those skin cells and prolong your summery glow.
8. AVOID EXFOLIATING until you start to notice your tan fading, then begin with steps 1 & 2 again in preparation for your next tan.
Happy tanning ladies! x